|ECOM liaison officer||
- Developing new tetrazolium tests to determine the viability of seeds for species not yet included in the ISTA Rules and re-evaluate existing methods.
- Providing theoretical and hands-on training on tetrazolium testing during workshops.
- Creating tetrazolium working sheets for many species with detailed and standardised descriptions to conduct and evaluate tetrazolium tests.
- Tetrazolium tests allow for rapid evaluation of seed viability, detection of seed weakness, and guidance for quality control programs.
As a Member of an Accredited ISTA Member Laboratory, you could have the possibility of working as a Member of a Working Group participating in proficiency tests regarding tetrazolium tests, which will allow you to acquire experience in this matter, demonstrate your competence on new species and get in contact with other colleagues who are also interested in sharing their knowledge. This would allow a joint improvement with open possibilities of:
- Proposing and working on a new species (still not included in Table 6A of the ISTA Rules) in order to study it.
- Proposing the method so that a new species (still not included in Table 6A of the ISTA Rules) could be studied.
- Proposing that a new species already included in Table 6A of the ISTA Rules could be studied again in case you consider the current methodology proposed is not the most adequate.
- Obtaining an ISTA Diploma (as an acknowledgment of the commitment assumed by every member of a working group).
If you are interested in working with us, please provide the information requested in the PDF at the bottom of this page and send your answer to stefanie.kraemer(at)ltz.bwl.de as soon as possible.
Looking forward to having your valuable support in our ISTA Tetrazolium Committee.