The scope of the Statistics Committee is related to seed testing, covering all technical activities that may benefit from statistics (physiology, pathology, vision recognition, inter-laboratory tests, etc.). Our projects could be of interest to academics at universities and agricultural colleges, statisticians involved in the seed industry, and many others.
- To provide help to all other Technical Committees.
- Covering all technical activities that require statistical analysis such as method validations, proficiency tests, etc.
- Sharing their knowledge and experience in workshops on statistics.
- Developing a collection of statistical tools to assist ISTA members in their routine work.
- Statistical knowledge enables the use of appropriate methods for data collection, the use of correct analyses, and the effective presentation of results.
The work of this Committee is carried out on a voluntary basis. Within the Committee, some projects fall under the responsibility of sub-groups. For other activities, members interact individually with colleagues of other ISTA Technical Committees.
The aim of the Statistics Committee is to provide help to all other Technical Committees. The exchange between individuals can be fruitful beyond ISTA-focused work: when collaborating on a given subject, the questions addressed are usually of interest in members’ own job roles. Consider joining the Statistics Committee if you are involved in statistics in relation to plants.
|Working Programme||Activity Reports||Other Documents||External Links|
Statistical Tools for Seed Testing
Calculator for adding working weights to Table 2C of the ISTA Rules
Virtual Laboratories in Probability and Statistics:
Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics: