ISTA Seed Health Committee and GEVES are looking forward to host you at the SHC workshop on “Seed health testing for fungi: Botrytis cinerea/sunflower, Phomopsis complex of soybean and pathogens of Linum”.
Valerie Grimault, Isabelle Serandat, Sylvie Leclerc
Contact person: Bernice.VANISSUM-GROYER@geves.fr
Aim of the workshop:
Previous proficiency tests showed unexpected results between participants. This workshop will help participants to train on seed health testing methods for detecting fungi and harmonize notations.
The workshop is aimed for people who are interested in seed health testing and detection of fungi.
- Welcome (Director of GEVES)
- Organization of Seed sector in France (TBD)
- ISTA organization, accreditation system and SHC (Valerie Grimault, SHC chair)
- Pests and seed health testing methods (Valerie Grimault, SHC chair)
- Diseases of sunflower, Linum and Soybean (TBD)
- ISTA 7-003 method: Botrytis cinerea/sunflower
- ISTA 7-007 method: pathogens of Linum
- ISTA 7-016 method: Phomopsis complex of Soybean
- Fungi reference collection: interest and use (Isabelle Serandat, GEVES Seed Health Testing)
- Best practices and limitations (interactive session with participants)
- Workshop topics
- Botrytis cinerea/sunflower, Phomopsis/Soybean and pathogens of Linum
- Media and blotter preparation
- Fungi subculture and long term storage
- Spoon sampling
- Plating of seeds on media and blotter
- Notation of plates, identification on morphological criteria
- Results wrap up
The workshop will include visits of GEVES facilities, an excursion and an official workshop dinner.
25 rue Georges Morel
49071 Beaucouzé Cedex
How to reach:
By train :
- from Paris Montparnasse to Angers, 1h30 trip by TGV
- from Nantes to Angers, 30-45 min trip by TGV
- International airports of Paris Orly (local train to TGV Paris Montparnasse) and Paris CDG (direct TGV trains to Angers)
- International airport of Nantes Atlantique, shuttle to TGV train station of Nantes
The participants are asked to book the hotels directly.
The transport will be organized from the bus station which is at the exit of the train station, in front of Hotel Le Progrès and Hotel de France.
The list below concerns hotels close to the train station of Angers:Hotel Le Progrès
(Price range 70-90€)
Hotel de France: http://www.hoteldefrance-angers.com/chambre-hotel-exclusive-en.html
(Price range 120-140€)
Hotel de Champagne : https://www.secure-hotel-booking.com/smart/Hotel-de-Champagne/29HJ/fr/
(Price range 70-80€)Participation Fee:
The number of participants is a minimum of 20, without which the workshop will be cancelled (Note: minimum number reached - workshop confirmed!
) and limited to a maximum of 26.
In case of a higher number of applicants, diverse countries/laboratories participations will be favored.
The registration fee will include all literature and supporting material for the workshop, lunches and coffee breaks, workshop dinner and transfer between the workshop venue and hotels (except airport transfer). It does not include accommodation or meals other than those specified.ISTA Members: 450 EURISTA Non-Members: 675 EUR
If you would like to attend the workshop please fill in the registration form. An invoice will be sent to you, which has to be paid before the participation confirmation will be generated. Please indicate any dietary requirements during registration.
All payments are required prior to the, 19th
June 2017 in EUR and payable to ISTA.
For cancellations made before 19th
May 2017, registration fees are refundable less a EUR 50 administration fee. For cancellations made after 19th
May 2017, registration fees are non-refundable. About Angers region:
Angers is a nice historic city located in Anjou a region of wine, castles, plant and seed production, and research on plants. It holds the international cluster of specialized plants. For more information : http://www.angersloiretourisme.com/en