Please note: this Workshop is fully booked.
We will keep you updated on our further ISTA Workshops.
Aim of the Workshop
This workshop aims at presenting and discussing basic principles of quality management. The workshop focuses on the needs of seed testing laboratories that wish to comply with the ISTA Accreditation Standard.
The workshop prepares beginners for building a Quality Assurance (QA) system and attaining ISTA Accreditation.
Advanced participants may find freshing up their memory helpful for maintaining accreditation.
Accreditation for seed testing will be presented as part of the International Seed Testing Association‘s activities and services provided to laboratories that need to reach uniformity and reliability in seed quality testing.
The workshop will describe the ISTA Standard for Accreditation and the ISTA Rules for Seed Testing, the two pillars of the QA system for seed testing laboratories.
Lectures and exercises will be provided on:
- The main QA system topics to help laboratories to define their scope of application for accreditation, built the skeleton of the QA documentation, and to control the documentation.
- The technical QA principles based on the requirements of the ISTA Rules and Handbooks for the management of equipment and material for seed testing. Examples are taken on temperature control, weight measurement and germination substrates.
- Exercises, like a quiz, and group work to guide laboratories moving from theory to practice
Dr. Joël Léchappé
- ISTA Honorary Life Member and ISTA Technical Auditor
Dr. Florina Palada -
ISTA Head of Accreditation and Technical Department, System & Technical Auditor
The system part
- ISTA Accreditation Standard for Seed Testing and Seed Sampling
- Application for accreditation
- ISTA crop groups
- How to build a quality documentation
- Document control
- Corrective actions and non-conformities
- How to perform an internal audit
The technical part
- ISTA Rules overview
- Introduction to management of equipment and seed testing material
- Examples of QA on calibration and control of measuring equipment (temperature and weight)
- Examples of QA on validation and control of testing material (Germination substrate checks)
ISTA Members 220 EUR
ISTA Non-Members 330 EUR
The participation fee includes all literature and supporting material for the workshop.
Workshop is planned to take place on the platform GoToTraining, the number of participants is for a
minimum of 12 and restricted to a maximum of 15 participants.
Registration and payment deadline is 6 April 2021
For cancellations made before 6 April 2021 registration fees are refundable less 50 EUR administration fee.
For cancellations made after 6 April 2021 registration fees are non-refundable. If you would like to attend the workshop, please fill in the registration form. An invoice will be sent to you, which must be paid before the participation confirmation will be generated.
You can pay by credit card upon individual request to the ISTA Secretariat.