05.07.2019 - 12.07.2019
ISTA and Telangana State Seed and Organic Certification Authority, Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Government of Telangana, Hyderabad, India, is looking forward to hosting you at the Workshop on Seed Sampling, Purity, Germination and Moisture to be held in Hyderabad, India in July 2019, just after the ISTA Congress. The workshop will include lectures, practical exercises and group work.
Telangana State Seed & Organic Certification Authority
Dr. Keshavulu Kunusoth
Phone: +91 9849 402 488
Fax: +91 40 2323 2577
Eddie Goldschagg, ISTA Bulking & Sampling Committee Chair
Gerry Hall, ISTA Bulking & Sampling Committee Member
Gerarda de Boer-Raatgever, ISTA Purity Committee Chair
Augusto Martinelli, ISTA Germination Committee Member
Axel Goeritz, ISTA Moisture Committee Member
Sponsors: Indian Seed Industry, Government of Telangana (TSSOCA)
Aim of the workshop:
The aim of the workshop is to provide an overview of Seed Sampling, as well as Purity and Germination Analysis and Testing of Seed Moisture content of a range of species, but also to provide a forum where questions relating to seed sampling and testing methodologies can be discussed.
Language: English (slides and presentations)
The workshop will be presented by means of formal lectures, practical work and a series of exercises where participants will form into groups to work on.
Topics included in the workshop are:
- Introduction to seed sampling methods (lectures)
- Principles behind seed sampling, sealing bags and labelling (lectures)
- Sampling containers, bags, boxes, and dividing samples (practicals)
- Dividing samples and validation of dividers (lectures and practicals)
- Principles of purity and other seed determination (lectures)
- Introduction of PSD 4, 10, 11, 12, 38, 40 and 42 - practical’s on Cajanus cajan, Glycine max, Gossypium, Helianthus, Oryza sativa, Solanum/Capsicum, Sorghum, Triticum, Vigna radiata/Vigna mungo, and Zea mays
- Use of equipment and preparation of the working sample for purity analysis
- Purpose and principles of the germination test
- Introduction and practical’s on Cicer, Glycine max, Gossypium, Helianthus, Triticum, and Zea mays
- Calculations, tolerances and reporting of the germination results
- Introduction to testing for seed moisture content (lectures)
- Use of equipment and preparation of working samples for moisture testing and practicals on Cajanus cajan, Capsicum, Helianthus, Oryza sativa, Solanum, Sorghum, and Zea mays
A preliminary programme will be posted soon. The layout of the Workshop will be as follows:
Participation Fee: The number of participants is a minimum of 25, without which the workshop will be cancelled and limited to a maximum of 30 participants.ISTA Members: 590 USDISTA Non-Members: 890 USDNote: The Participation fee will include all literature and supporting material for the workshop, lunches and coffee breaks, workshop dinner and transfer between the workshop venue and hotels (except airport transfer). It does not include accommodation or meals other than those specified.Registration deadline: 30 April 2019
- Friday, 5 July 2019: Opening, ISTA Overview and Sampling Lectures
- Saturday, 6 July 2019: Sampling practicals & excursion
- Sunday, 7 July 2019: Free day
- Monday, 8 July 2019: Purity presentations & practicals
- Tuesday morning, 9 July 2019: Purity presentations & practicals
- Tuesday afternoon, 9 July 2019: Germination presentations & practicals
- Wednesday, 10 July 2019: Germination presentations & practicals
- Thursday, 11 July 2019: Moisture presentations & practicals.
- Friday, 12 July 2019: Departure for home
If you would like to attend the workshop please fill in the registration form. An invoice will be sent to you, which has to be paid before the participation confirmation will be generated. Please indicate any dietary requirements during registration. All payments are required by 30 May 2019
. Please note: Payment by credit card (MasterCard and Visa) is possible upon request to the ISTA Secretariat.
For cancellations made before 30 May 2019 registration fees are refundable less 50 USD Administration Fee
For cancellations made after 30 May 2019 registration fees are non-refundable
22, Raj Bhavan Road
Somajiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana 500082
Note: shuttle bus will be provided from the Park Hotel to the workshop venue.
Reservation by phone or email:
Guests may contact the hotel directly by calling +91 40 2345 6789 or contact Keshavulu Kunusoth by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , to book their room and then quote "Telangana State Seed and Organic Certification Authority" to ensure this special group rate.
Online: guests may book directly online through the hotel website http://www.theparkhotels.com/hyderabad.html using the promo code: TPISTA
Payment for accommodation:
Guests will be responsible for payment of their own room, taxes and incidentals.
Travel & Visa information: letter of invitation for obtaining visa and to travel is issued for all registered participants only after payment of the participation fee.
For more information: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html